XMEGA Xprotolab, 35$ Breadboard Oscilloscope and More - Reviewed
- Category: Blog
- Published: Sunday, 13 February 2011 10:10
- Written by Justblair
“…the first mixed signal oscilloscope with an arbitrary waveform generator in a DIP module. It measures only 1 x 1.6 inches, and can be mounted directly on a breadboard. The Xprotolab can also be used as a development board for the AVR XMEGA microcontroller.”
The Xmega Xprotolab from Gabotronics is a tiny little device but has a few features that the hobbyist might find useful, in fact to call it an Electronic Digital Oscilloscope it seems is selling it short, it has a waveform generator and power supply built in there as well, ideal tools for someone prototyping a new circuit design.
- 2 Analog Channels, 8 Digital Channels
- Maximum Sampling rate: 2MSPS
- Analog Bandwidth: 320kHz
- Resolution: 8bits
- Input Impedance: 1MΩ
- Buffer size per channel: 256
- Max. Input Voltage: +/- 10V Now for its size that is pretty impressive, especially those 8 logic channels… The screen size is small though.
- See what John thinks of the device here: Tronixstuff Review of the Gabotronics Xmega Protolab